The first image is of my bedroom on the ferry--not bad (although I doubt it is up to Roberto standards). The second picture is the market that was in Qingdao. I actually went there and bought a few things using my newly learned words...AND THEY UNDERSTOOD ME!!. The last picture is a woman digging for clams off the Qingdao beach. Many of you have probably heard of Qingdao because that is where the sailing events were held for the Olympics.
I have to be honest...I was not really thrilled with the city. If Chicago had a sister city this would be it. The wind was so strong on the first day that I was there, I had trouble walking.
I think one of my favorite things was seeing a one year old in crouchless pants. Are these used in America and I just don't know about it? I just thought they looked like an accident waiting to happen.
Today I took the fast train to Beijing. I have showered and I am going to go to bed...hopefully I will e-mail more in a few days. Send my love.
SQ.
2 comments:
I think the aqua blankets make the room quite homey. Enjoy your sleep and have fun!
Hmmm. I don't think crotchless pants(for babies that is) are available in the US, thank goodness! Walmart would be a disgusting place if they were available! I'm interested in what you've had to eat so far. What is the norm for breakfast, lunch, etc.
happy traveling.
Post a Comment