We tried to burn it earlier in the week, but it was way too windy. After work today, HH and I decided to give it a go (it was a perfect day, 50 degrees, not too windy, etc). My first challenge: finding clothes to wear to go walk around the super muddy lot. Thankfully I was able to barely squeeze on some of HH's jeans and an old high school t-shirt (circa 1998).
To start the fire, instead of pouring a ton of lighter fluid on the humongous pile of trees, we tried a more effective approach this time... start a little fire and build upon that. It worked, but the downside was now we had to drag the entire huge pile over to another pile.
Easy enough....unless you take into account the trees that I dubbed "Devil Trees". Seriously. These remind me of the crown of thorns that was thrust upon Jesus's head.
Anyways, we finally got the entire pile burned with no major incidences (just a little singed hair). Now maybe we can work on getting a house built : )
2 comments:
Wow - that looks like terrible work but you guys have made a TON of progress!!
And do you guys even question why I would prefer to spend my life in a condo?
I am excited to hear the progress on this project--and congrats on round 2 of MF/HH v. shrubbery. Very impressive.
Post a Comment