
Seriously, I have been organizing the basement (slowly) and realized that I have a ton of fabric. So I thought I would see if I could make a blanket out of "quilting square".
Blanket size: undetermined
Purpose: undetermined
Knowledge of how to make blanket: undetermined
I just started cutting pieces of fabric and sewing them together. I'm sure there must be an easier way of doing it than I have been doing it, but I'm pretty impressed with myself. Here are the blocks I have so far. I actually have 5 of each.
What should I do with them now?
- Use 9 of them and make a small 3x3 grid blankie?
- make more squares out of fabric that doesn't match as well and make a bigger blanket?
- what fabric would look good to tie the pieces together?
I hope everyone is having a good week!
5 comments:
Yep, yep - bring it on! (I vote for going around the square once more with fabric. Not sure if you want all your squares to look the same, but you might get some good ideas on different layouts from this website: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/)
I, too, have be crafty. Okay, more like krafty. I ate mac and cheese the other night and it was delish. I do not suffer from any of the concerns about laziness and crafts that plague you...and I, in fact, bask in my laziness. Let me know if I can help you with that when I see you. :)
lafa, as lazy as I am sometimes, I'm afraid zarah and I have been afflicted with the skelton gene which renders us unwillingly guilty if we are sitting around doing nothing with our hands for too long.
keep in mind that lots of people I have talked to are making you a blanket. Maybe you could make a mat to put under the high chair at my house : 0 )
make a hooter hider! Patch a few together and attach a velcro strap to go around your neck - can be used for breastfeeding. That would be cute!
Post a Comment