Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Reason I Don't Post



Is because I've got nothing. Here is my spring: Pretty flowers (so, I only took 1 picture of a tree, but the flowers have been phenomenal and everything is flowers--dogwood, cherry, redbud, azaela, etc.), which means allergies have been awesome. And, this creature lives in my backyard--or at least eats in my backyard. It is very bold and very big--like the size of a paper shredder. This is a cake I made for a party. Again...not too terribly exciting. It was actually a party for the Oscars. You are supposed to dress in costume (something related to the Oscars/nominated movie) and bring a them dish (something related to a nominee). I went as the red carpet (way easier to buy a couple of red towels and pin them to my back then to go as WALL-E (the other things I contemplated). My food was a pineapple upside down cake (obviously) for Australia (nominaed for costume design).
And here is one of the hills...which are now covered in flowers.

What else...I have gone on a few hikes this spring--one of which was downhill for the first mile or two...that's when we realized we would be climbing for the entire rest of the hike (and we were). It was painful.

So, clearly the younger siblings are way more exciting right now. Zarah--we need to step it up.

1 comment:

MF said...

I love the animal.....does it have a name?