
That is correct...I showed up with the wrong passport! For some reason the airport attendant would not believe that I was a 41 Singapore man, partially balding.....can you believe it.
The last couple of days I have been in a travelers haze, which consists of me being very tired and a little out of it. So when I left the hostel in Seoul I did not take note of the passport that was given to me. That being said, when I showed up at the airport at 6:30 in the morning I did not realize what I passed over.
After realizing that I did not have my passport I stayed calm and made a plan--------Yeah right, I went into panic mode because my flight was at 8:30 and it takes 1:30 minutes to get back into Seoul. I ran to the information desk to try and find the phone number of the place I stayed. I of course did not have the number because it was actually not the place I had made my reservations at. The place I had made my reservations at, The Bong House, had lost my reservation and they sent me next door to stay at a place called The Flower Wind Guesthouse. The information girls were so nice, but after twenty minutes of searching they said they could only find an address, no phone number.
I had no option but to miss my flight and run back into the city.
I can assume that to the shock of Lafa everything worked out and I was able to catch a flight at 1:50--but I can only imagine what would have happened if Mr T.A. would have been there :).
Love and miss you all. I am now in Tokyo, which is where I will be until I return back to the states.
6 comments:
Dadgummit, I wrote this once, but I was rejected. Signing in for these things is painful. Anyway, glad Batman didn't need to go anywhere until you got back with his passport. I would have loved to have seen your face and the face of the airport attendant when you showed that passport. That picture would have made my frige! Glad you haven't slept under a bridge in a foreign land like some relatives we know. Mom J
FOR THE LOVE--how hard is to to realize you have a passport for SINGAPORE?!?! Really?! Of course it worked out. There is nothing else that could have happened...since you got rid of your good luck necklace. Unbelievable. Give M a hug from me and have fun!
I think there may be another story here... The Bong House?!?! I'm so glad that you were able to work things out - happy travels & I can't wait to see you!
Hmmm,I'm confused as to how the people at the hostel somehow confused you with mr. singapore. I hope you haven't changed that much in appearance since your korean spa day and trek through china!
We are very excited to see you in just a few more days. Enjoy Japan!
My oh my! Your experience is nothing less than what we would expect - an adventure around every corner.
Can't wait to see you and give you a BIG hug.
Love
MomL
Bong is the name the the owner...I must admit I was a little worried before I got there
Post a Comment