My trip to my ILs house was a great time to start, since my MIL is a very crafty lady. She taught me all types of stitches, and supplied me with the above towels with patterns already ironed on. She also has an amazing stash of embroidery thread, so she gave me a few more colors that my sister didn't have (which is where I got all of the other supplies). I find embroidering quite relaxing, and it doesn't make my hands numb like knitting does.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My new craft
Since I will never compete with super knitter Zarah, I decided to try something else...
embroidering tea towels.
My trip to my ILs house was a great time to start, since my MIL is a very crafty lady. She taught me all types of stitches, and supplied me with the above towels with patterns already ironed on. She also has an amazing stash of embroidery thread, so she gave me a few more colors that my sister didn't have (which is where I got all of the other supplies). I find embroidering quite relaxing, and it doesn't make my hands numb like knitting does.
My trip to my ILs house was a great time to start, since my MIL is a very crafty lady. She taught me all types of stitches, and supplied me with the above towels with patterns already ironed on. She also has an amazing stash of embroidery thread, so she gave me a few more colors that my sister didn't have (which is where I got all of the other supplies). I find embroidering quite relaxing, and it doesn't make my hands numb like knitting does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cute and retro!
Who are you guys? Don't you ever just watch a movie or sit outside? Why must you continuously be productive? I blame your mom.
Leslie you are productive--it just happens to be with pastries and book shelves.
I only have 8 more days!!
Post a Comment