Thursday, April 16, 2009

Down From the Mountain





I have left Shangri-la and spent a couple days in Dali which sets on ErHai Hu (the 7th biggest fresh water lake in China) and then the other three sides of Dali are mountains. So you can imagine that it is beautiful. While there I rented a bike and road through the small villages that line the beach of ErHai Hu--and it was lovely.
Image One: Pray flags at a temple that overlooks Shangri-la (you can see Shangri-la in the background
Image Two: Farmers outside Dali. If you have never smelled garlic fields I can tell you that they smell wonderful!!! Seriously.
Image Three: MomJ requested a photo of yours truly....and this is as good as it gets.

2 comments:

Mom L said...

You look terrific, Square! What awesome sights you are beholding! Thanks again for sharing with us folks back here in the good 'ole USA. It's dreary today but zarah is headed to our fair city for a funeral of the father of a high school classmate. I am sorry for the circumstances that are bringing her here but I'm happy to see her.

Love you bundles!!
MomL

Anonymous said...

Square - those pictures are amazing! I can't believe all the awesome things you are getting to see. I'm glad to see you are feeling better.