Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Who are you and why are you posting on our blog?

Okay, so I know it has been months since I posted. Whoops. Things are going a-okay here. I had a busy weekend. I completed my first tri--and it was AWESOME. Zarah, I see why you do them. I actually bit it on the run (literally--skinned knees and shins) and had some mechanical issues on the bike (lost my big ring), but it was so much fun. And a beautiful weekend and setting. I have posted photos below. That's about all that is going on...Square and I have been to a few concerts and done some hikes. Square's road bike arrived today, so if I can get my gears fixed I think we will head to the Blue Ridge this weekend to ride. Hope you guys are having an amazing fall. Can't wait to see how your home projects are coming along and how your babies are growing! Zarah--I carry my bag all the time. I love it! You girls are uber-talented!

Getting ready for the event...

Dilapidated dock--you can see the last buoy of the race to the right (the yellow was to turn back towards land and the orange was to mark the line). It was a 1/2 mile swim, so not too far. We did not use the dock. :)

Focused on race. This is me setting up my spot. I got there early so I could get organized before the crowds showed up.

The peloton...from Tour of Misosuri. Just thought I would throw it in
b/c my bike pics aren't that great.


Is there something in my nose?

The end of the run...if you could see my legs you would see blood from the fall. Nice.

Square and me at Lucinda Williams show--she rocks!

Random pic of me eating cobbler...which
I think is hilarious b/c I look so intense.




3 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

Can you send this to Zarah? I'm not sure how to get a hold of her and she was interested in knowing about my midwife.

Her name is Lori Link and her work number is 417 466-2424. Motherworks, LLC is the name of her company and although she is located in Mt. Vernon, she is in Springfield and the surrounding area all of the time. She came highly recommended and as much time as we've had with her and her assistant, Beth, we are really happy with our decision to go with her.

Thanks and tell her to feel free to email me anytime with questions.

racheldenbow@gmail.com

Rachel

square said...

No problem--emailed her your info.

Janet said...

Lafa-I know you must be excited to have completed your first tri! Way to Go! What side of the family did you get that from? I thinking, not from your aunt! Square-l love the picture of Lafa! Who knew she could look so great!

Love you guys! AJ