Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Am At A Wedding!!!



Note that the title of this piece is dedicated to the groom who decided to do his rendition of "I am on a Boat" from SNL at the wedding. I can only say that from the brides expression that she was greatly impressed by her newly named husband.


This past weekend I was able to travel to St. Louis for my friend P.A.Trick's* wedding. This event was very exciting because I got to see college friends that I have not seen since I graduated from Drury, I got to go to the Int'l Shoe building (and who doesn't like a good civil procedure connection), and I had dinner on the hill with wine chilled in a Budweiser bucket. Classy.

The wedding was held at a Catholic church somewhere in the suburbs at noon and then the reception was that night. There is not a whole lot to say other than Fun. Fun. Fun. And I have mad dance skills as you can see for yourselves if you were in our apartment right now. No, seriously. They are maaaaaaddddd dance skills. The best part of this post is that I am not writing it...my scribe is writing it who is sleepy but wired b/c she went swimming...and maybe had a piece of dark chocolate and, well, you know how that goes with her. In a quasi-related note, she has been baking for a dinner party that we are hosting this weekend and she did cakes tonight. She had to wrap them in opaque wrapping tonight b/c I was in sniffing them and she got nervous that I would be like a bird and fly right through the plastic wrap trying to get to the goodies. Sigh.

Zarah--We are very excited to find out what you are having tomorrow. We vote human.

*Pat is the guy in the green/teal tie in the top photograph

1 comment:

MF said...

Square, you look great. I'm glad you had a good time.
MommaJ said the dinner party went well. I would love to hear all about it!