
It is true, ladies. I cooked and ate rabbit.

To the left is Hunter Hubby cutting up little bunny foofoo (who was hoping through the forest)
It tasted a bit chewy. Not as chewy as calamari, but similar to alligator. In true hillbilly tradition, we fried our rabbit.

After smothering it in bbq sauce, hot sauce, or ketchup, it wasn't too bad. However, I did decide to quit eating it after I found 2 shot gun bullet particles in the meat. I figured that it wasn't good for baby or I to be eating lead. I "may" eat rabbit again. Next time I may try one of the recipes that consist of roasting it. Hopefully the consistency of the roasted rabbit will be more palatable.
2 comments:
I am not sure how to even respond to this. Ick. But good for you for trying new things...
Heh heh... you certainly are a good sport. I know they eat a lot of rabbit in Spanish cuisine - maybe I can find some recipes for you!
Post a Comment