Here's the old wallpaper....
(Obviously I don't normally keep all the furniture in the middle of the room. Honestly I'm surprised I remembered to take a "before" picture at all.)
I'm not sure how well it shows up in the picture, but there was a chair rail around the middle of the wall. Pieces of it are laying in the bottom right side of the picture.
Here's a "during" picture...
That red device is my friend the wallpaper steamer. I won't say it made the job EASY, but it helped.
And.... the grand reveal?
Well, you'll have to wait for that. I am waiting to move my table back in until after I get a new light fixture put up. (What? Please don't tell me you like the Little Shop of Horrors chandelier that I have right now.) But at least you can see the new paint color.
I'm sure you love my new decorating scheme. I call it "Spackle with a touch of Flair"
Oh - and be sure to check out the cute picture I added to my last post - Matt has now decided that his nephew is going to be a drummer!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Picture of nephew is very cute! and I am glad you commented on the fixture, because I was going to say that it looked like a big boob!
I am very impressed with your motivation. Running, knitting, and re-doing a dining room. Sigh. Claire found a light fixture she had made using a cheese grater and I think hose...maybe she would let you use it.
What's up with you guys these days?
Ummm...it seems like everyone I know is getting laid off...and so I like to set at night and wonder what it will be like to live with my parents gain
Well, maybe you could design a room for yourself in MF's new house!
Post a Comment