For the past two weeks I have been settling back into small town life in the USA and preparing for my move to Virginia. I have to admit that coming back from three months of moving to a new place every two days, to living in my parents basement has really been an adjustment. As much as I have loved seeing old friends and spending lots of quality time with Momma J and Pappa T, there has been some major problems with getting myself motivated.
There have been several great things I have gotten to do while I have been home. I attended a water color painting class with Pappa T. I must admit that I was completely shocked when he said that he wanted to attend, but I think there is not much he wouldn't do to spend time with "his babies"---including spend 4 hours a day in a room full of 24 woman talking about the various techniques for painting the perfect flower.
I was surprised to see that Pappa T also has some pretty nice artistic talent. If anyone is interested in seeing his work, just venture over to 2115 and you can find these priceless piece of works magnetically fastened to the refrigerator.
I was also able to attend a neighborhood barbeque where Mamma L and Pappa R where presented with the cutest baby car-seat. I am not sure how excited Pappa R was, but Mamma L was very surprised. (I have provided a photo above that captures the exciting moment).
On Saturday Mamma J took my guitar and me to Jamesport to play with a bluegrass group that gathers downtown. It was so much funny to play with new people. The man in the photo was one part of a two person group out of Iowa. He was one of my favorite there because he would do a little jig while he played.
That is about all I have to say from the home front. Hope all is well in Virginia and Springfield.
No comments:
Post a Comment