View from a friends house who let us crash in their backyard.
Part 1
Square and I (Square's friend R) planned to leave Chillicothe at 6 am to make an evening baseball game in Denver. I finally got out of bed at 5:50 and was relieved to hear Square call into my room that we should aim for 6:20 instead. We left at 6:45.
It’s 11 hours to Denver. Square leaned the passenger seat back and slept for about five of them. While she was awake, we listened to the first three disks of the sixth Harry Potter book.
FUN WITH QUOTES:
Square: If I have malaria don’t worry, it’s not contagious.
R: What if you turn into a mosquito and start biting me?
Square: That would be the most fun you have all year.
FUN IN KANSAS:
We stopped in Phillipsburg for a picnic lunch and gasoline fill-up. OK, we didn’t have any fun in Kansas.
FUN IN COLORADO:
My nose started running during the trip so Square handed me a Claritin, which I promptly dropped between in the space next to the driver’s seat. I pulled over and wedged my body between the driver’s seat and the back seat to retrieve the pill. I never found it, but did get wedged pretty tightly in the space and was thrilled to hear the sound of my camera shutter as Square documented the event (Pictures to come).
From our ghetto Motel 6 in Denver Square walked to Wal-Mart to get a salad. She returned with chicken strips.
As I type this it is we are in our hotel room and the baseball game started two minutes ago. Full credit to Lafa for teaching me that the world doesn’t end if you are late for a baseball game. We promise to post more pictures this evening.
Love,
R and Square
2 comments:
Great stories. Great pictures. Sounds like great fun. You both have some great artwork for the new apartments. I did have masonary plans for you,C, but will find a new mason for the tree wall. Dang! :-)
I am so jealous. Or was until Saturday. Now I am mostly relieved that I wasn't there. Waiting for those pictures.
Post a Comment